To be confronted with having to plan a funeral, would have to be definitely one of the most difficult things one has to do. It is such an emotional time and can be a strain on the finances also. Many are not prepared and are unaware of the options available to them.
The families that choose Swanborough Funerals to care for their loved one find that our prices are substantially lower than our competitors, whilst providing the utmost care without compromise. We offer affordable options to assist in personalizing the ceremony to create a meaningful celebration of life.
Here are just a few things to consider when arranging a funeral/memorial service
- Avoid emotional overspending – a high priced coffin/casket has nothing to do with love or respect.
- Do not make funeral arrangements on your own – have a friend or family member present that can provide you with support. This is often helpful when decisions need to be made.
- Funeral prices vary extensively from funeral home to funeral home. It is sensible to phone several funeral homes to get funeral service estimates.
- Think about having an online obituary notice rather than using the newspaper. Newspapers are quite costly
- If you are choosing burial – look at the different cemetery options. Prices can vary greatly between cemeteries. Also, ensure you have asked what the full cost of the plaque or monument will be as this is generally not included in the purchase of the burial plot. This can add unexpected thousands onto the cost of burial
- Choose a less expensive coffin – do not be lead to believe that a more expensive coffin will look better. Rather, choose to spend a little more on printed materials and keepsakes like funeral programs that others tend to keep as a memento
- Consider donating to a favourite charity.
- Give family and friends opportunity to lend a helping hand – they may wish to purchase or organise a part of the service – Flowers, service programs, dove or butterfly releases, memorial keepsakes, assisting with catering, DVD presentation or music.
- Talk about funeral options in advance. Discuss with parents what they would like for their funeral.
- Funerals do not need to cost a fortune to capture the essence of your loved one – There are so many ways to personalise a funeral that will reflect the person.
At Swanborough funerals we are happy to answer any questions that you may have.
To use our “Planning Your Funeral” online app click on the following link