Special Unique Memorial Options
Did Dad or Mum have a favourite shirt or maybe a favourite jumper? What better way to remember them, then to turn their clothing into keepsake cushions for your family. This is a truly unique and personal way of preserving their legacy and providing an item of comfort to those who are close to the person that has passed on. The designs are limitless and personalised to suit your needs and to the needs of your relatives.
Keepsake Cushions keep the person’s memory and legacy close to your heart.
Lovingly handcrafted for you. Pillows, Cushions and Keepsakes can be made from your loved one’s shirts or clothing. Almost anything can be used, Ties, Doilies, Handkerchiefs and Babies’ clothes or Blankets.
These special pillows can bring tangible comfort to you when remembering your loved one. They can also make lovely gifts to give family members or friends who are struggling with their loss or just want to have a keepsake of their loved one. Photo pillows look great on your bed. A bed pillow size can also be custom made.
If you do not have any clothing from your loved one, a pillow can be made with an embroidered message or name. Whatever you have in mind, Shar will be able to create a beautiful design to lovingly reflect your special someone. Other options such as a photo cushion and quilted wall hangings made from clothing or just as a photo imposed on quality fabric are also possible.
Pillows can be made in different designs:
- Shirt collar intact or removed to have a plain pillow (also looks great with shirts with pockets)
- Polo shirts can be used with either a sewed or knotted edged.
- Pillows are generally between 40-60 cm square, however, throw and bolster pillows can be made and work well if a shirt or the item is smaller.
- There is usually left-over fabric from sleeves etc. These can be made in small hearts that can be hung in your car, as Christmas decoration or just a small item to take with you anywhere.
- An Embroidery Patch can be added to the item with a name, year, or message.
- There is room to put little treasures in the pockets of the cushion.
- For a more rustic look, a handwritten message tied to the button on shirt collar – works well with plaid shirts with pockets.
Shar who does these unique memorial pillows and keepsakes works in the funeral industry and sees the pain & loss firsthand that families and friends go through. She is a creative soul who has a passion for making these pillows & keepsakes with honour, love & respect.
*Interstate orders are welcome. Items will be couriered as a complete pillow or as a flat item that you can place a cushion insert into.
Keep watching as more keepsake ideas are added.
Mobile: 0414 748 204
For Funeral Support: Swanborough Funerals have been caring for families in the Greater Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast areas for 18 years. It is our desire to provide families with personal and meaningful funeral care. We offer a wide range of funeral alternatives and specialise in providing unique funeral options. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions about your funeral needs. Swanborough Funerals operate a 24-hour service care line. We have qualified and dedicated staff on call to answer your questions.
Swanborough Funerals 1800 100 411