Sureplan Gold Funeral Bond Application Form
Sureplan Gold will help you accumulate the funds to meet the costs of the inevitable – your funeral.
Why would I Pre-Plan my Funeral?
Most of us plan ahead – we plan for holidays, marriages, the future education of our children, and of course for retirement. Dying is as much a part of life as being born, but most of us avoid Funeral Planning . Why? Because most of us do not spend time thinking about our death. There are many advantages in planning ahead and obtaining a funeral bond. This includes:
- Your own peace of mind knowing that you have responsibly faced this issue by organising your own cover. Your family will be spared this additional stress when they are grieving your passing.
- Your family like many others could have difficulty in finding sufficient funds within a few days to pay for your arrangements.
- Pension Concessions – if you are an Income and Asset Tested Centrelink or Veterans’ Affairs pensioner you could maximise your pension through investing in Sureplan Gold Funeral Bond (see below).
A Simple, Straight forward and Effective Funeral Bond
Sureplan Gold is a secure funeral bond investment fund and is much the same as a bank savings account, except that you cannot withdraw any funds after the initial “cooling off” period. It is an ideal vehicle for prepaid plans. Proceeds can only be paid to your nominee, on behalf of your estate on your death.
1. You contribute amounts either as a lump sum or by regular payments.
2. A bonus (based on fund earnings) may be allocated to your investment annually.
3. On your death, your contribution and bonuses are paid to your nominee to help pay your funeral costs.
- Investment security– As the preservation of your funds is the primary objective of Sureplan Gold, the assets of the Fund are currently invested in cash and low risk securities. The actions of the Society are regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority (APRA), and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- Instant payment to your nominee– Sureplan Gold Funeral Bond pays your nominee your funeral cover (the accumulated contributions plus bonuses) within 24 HOURS of the notification of your death. If a member dies within twelve months of joining any bonuses previously allocated will not be paid.
- Low cost– there are no entry or exit fees.
- Solid and reliable growth– A bonus may be allocated to your bond annually, based on the earnings of the Fund. For the 2011, 2012 and 2013 financial years the Fund bonus was 4.7% p.a., 4.8% p.a. and 3.5% p.a. respectively. The allocation of annual bonuses is not guaranteed.
- Flexibility– A funeral bond to support your plan can be commenced with as little as $50 and have regular contributions from $50. You also can at any time replace your nominee with another person or organisation.
- Pension Advantages– Sureplan Gold Funeral Bond is exempt from both the Income and Assets test for Centrelink and Veterans’ Affairs pensioners providing no more than two funding arrangements are held and together they do not exceed the maximum eligible investment threshold. As of 1 July 2013 the maximum eligible investment is $11,750 and this amount is CPI indexed annually.
In 1935, with the foresight and assistance of some employees of the then PMG’s (Postmaster General’s) Department, Sureplan. commenced the fund now known as the Sureplan Family Fund. It was established to assist Public Service employees and their families meet the cost of a funeral, particularly if that expense occurred when most if not all of the available family income was committed to raising and educating their children. While the original purpose remains valid today, membership for that Fund is restricted to people between the ages of 1 and 55 years. Therefore, in July 1998 a new product Sureplan Gold Funeral Bond was introduced to provide a mechanism for people over 55 years of age to provide for their funeral plans.
Today Sureplan Friendly Society Ltd has more than 26,000 members and $94M in assets. It prides itself in being a caring entity for its members’ benefit
Downloadable Sureplan Gold Funeral Bond Application Form
Downloadable Client Care Statement for Funeral Bond Application Form
Simply contact Swanborough Funerals to make an appointment time or go over any questions you may have on 1800 100 411.