Personalised for Your Needs
Our cremation service options are put together to ensure your personal cremation service needs are met and, most importantly, our qualified funeral planner will go over your personal cremation service needs as it is our desire is to make sure that we understand what your needs are.
We have provided an easy guide to selecting the right burial or cremation funeral options for your loved one. Receive an instant cost estimate. Click the button below to get started.
At Swanborough Funerals, we provide cremation service options to our Greater Brisbane communities, including the Gold Coast, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast and we been doing so for the past 22 years.
Most funeral services at the crematorium chapel run for approximately 30-40 minutes, however if you need an extended period of time please let your funeral planner know so they can make an extra booking time. Chapel services are booked on the hour.
Ask your funeral planner at Swanborough Funerals about our alternative venue options. There are a couple of recommended crematorium chapels that offer extended service times, only booking services in every two hours. Ask your funeral planner to refer you to one of these crematorium chapels.
Do not hesitate to ask your funeral planner at Swanborough Funerals about our alternative funeral venues and chapels including outdoor venue options to hold at befitting cremation service for your loved one. Give us a call if you need any guidance on what option would best suit your needs. We are available 24/7 to support you and provide the very best of service to you.
Cremation Service Options
- Cremation Service held at your local Crematorium Chapel
- Cremation Service held at your local Church or you may prefer an alternative funeral venue followed by a Committal service held at your local crematorium
- Cremation Service held at your local Church or one of our alternative funeral venues with no attendance at the crematorium
- No service cremation followed by a Memorial service held at a venue of your choosing either before or after the cremation of your loved one has taken place.
All the below cremation venues have chapels attached.
Your Cremation Questions Answered
Our crematoriums here in Queensland use high temperatures to create what is known as ashes or cremated remains (cremains). Generally, the cremator has two chambers and a cooling tray. In accordance with our local and state government stringent Health Regulations, we ensure dignity of the deceased and peace of mind for you.
Be assured, that only one coffin is cremated at a time. You will receive only your loved ones cremated remains. This is a common question that we are asked regularly.
The ashes of your loved one are generally available 48 hours after their cremation has taken place but can be available to you within a shorter period of time if you make special arrangements with us.
We will always ask you if you would like us to deliver your loved ones ashes back to you. However, if you prefer to collect your loved one’s cremated remains from the crematorium this can be arranged also. Your funeral planner will always ask what your preferences are in relation to your loved one’s cremated remains. We will ask if they had any special wishes to ensure we provide the correct documentation and best service to you.
There are a number of reasons why cremation may be your preferred option.
- Your Cultural or religious beliefs
- You may have a budget and cremation is far more cost effective than burial
- Because of your Environmental beliefs. Traditional burial does not offer you the same eco friendly options as a cremation service. However, at Swanborough Funerals we do offer green and natural burial grounds. Ask us about our green burial options.
- The cremated remains of your loved one can be placed in an urn of your choosing and taken home to be with your family.
- The cremated remains of your loved one can be scattered at a special place of their choosing or a place that is significant to you.
- The cremated remains of your loved one can be placed in memorial gardens.
- This may have been the preferred choice of your loved one.
Upon completion of the cremation the ashes of your loved one are placed in a rectangular container made from a hard plastic material. You would keep ashes in this reciprocal if they are being placed in a memorial site, niche wall or cemetery of your choosing. If you are travelling overseas with the ashes of your loved one, we recommend you travel with these in the container provided by the crematorium as all the identification is on this reciprocal.
If you are keeping your loved one’s cremated remains at home you may prefer to purchase an urn, or if you are scattering, you may wish to purchase a scattering tube or biodegradable urn. This is your personal choice.
You and your family may wish to view the coffin or casket being inserted into the cremator. This is generally chosen around your religious or cultural beliefs. Let your funeral consultant at Swanborough Funerals know so that they can make the viewing arrangements with our crematorium.
Once again this is your personal choice. You do not need to hold a service. You may opt for a no attendance cremation.
At Swanborough Funerals, we believe in being transparent with our services and the cost of our services to you. That is why we are proud to be one of the very few funeral companies that offer you the use of our funeral cost calculator. You can choose what type of cremation service you prefer to suit your budget and your needs.